Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sherry baby isn't just the name of a song


After hours of researching where a noob scotch drinker should start I settled on the often recommended Macallan 10 year. I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st few glasses until my palate became accustomed to drinking a spirit neat. More background here...when you are an indiscriminate drinker like I am you tend to throw mixed drinks down your gullet as fast as you can to reach the proper level of inebriation without delay. So needless to say the first few glasses barely touched my tongue on the way to a buzz, I now understand that this is the right way to drink Little Kings not single malts. So I slowed down, sipping and swirling and savoring the "scotch experience" and I found out that sherry really isn't my bag and this scotch is all about sherry. Overwhelming, biting sherry. I have a love/hate relationship with sherry only because my mothers name is Sherry(sp) otherwise I'd hate it outright and probably loathe it. I have to say that The Macallan 10 year nearly put me off scotch altogether but being the dogged alcoholic that I am, I persevered and stayed committed to the cause of bringing you scotch reviews written by a real person using real words.

Cost $$$

No comments: