Monday, December 1, 2008

3 reasons for me to give Thanks this year!

Ok so the big turkey blowout fiesta was held at my casa this year and let me just say woohoo! The birds, yes 2 of them there were that many people, were prepped by a genuine gourmet chef who Ing was nice enough to hook up with in time for a tasty treat. (Thanks Ing) I provided the venue and a nice bottle of Glenlivet 12 (yes another bottle..more on that later), a guest brought Cragganmore a 13 year and my scotch buddy brought Tamdhu 10 year. Unfortunately for everyone they left their goodies behind but someones misfortune is anothers good luck, namely mine!

Tamdhu is a very light drink. Light in color, light in flavor and if I recall correctly light on the wallet. I am now convinced that distilleries in Speyside make a concerted effort to avoid all things smokey or distinct. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the mellow smoothness that seems to dominate all of the scotches from this region but every time I drink one I think, honey who shrunk the flavor. Tamdhu is no different however I think the thing I like most about this scotch is the total lack of after taste, I mean there is really zero after taste. It reminds of when Kramer spiffs on Hennigans, the no tell no smell scotch. That is what Tamdhu is the no tell, no smell scotch. It's a good safe bet for the uninitiated but after battling the smokey monsters of Islay I feel it is a little uninspired.

No comments: