Sunday, June 8, 2008


Ok so I'm trying to convince a friend who drinks blends to come over the the single malt dark side with me. I made the mistake of buying him a bottle of Woodford Reserve for his birthday, we both polished that 5th off that night and he continued on in to a bottle of Johnny Walker Black. Side note he stated that the Black tasted like sewage compared the to Woodford, a point I would definitely agree with. So now that I've clearly established my alpha male Scotch status with him I decided to bring a yet untasted bottle of Bowmore Legend to a party I knew he would be at. Knowing that it is from Islay I expected it to be smokey and a bit harsh but hopefully not as overwhelming as my beloved Laphroaig. Let me just say that this little gem did not disappoint, it was smokey and smooth and not nearly the jackhammer to the palate that Laph is. I enjoyed it thoroughly, much to my wife's shagrin, and my friend enjoyed it too...muuuaahhhaaa haaaaa! My evil plan is working exactly how I laid it out. As for the Scotch I will definitely add this Bowmore to my everyday collection as it is eminently drinkable and half the cost of my love Laphroaig.

Cost $$

No comments: