Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Glenlivet 12 year


I should be shot! I can't believe I forgot to catalog this beauty for you. Please forgive me I started the bottle before I had my wisdom teeth yanked and finished it after the painkillers wore off so that week was a little fuzzy. Anyhow, to any noob scotch drinker out there my advice is to start your career with this one. A finely crafted scotch that is so mellow it's almost like drinking water. Smooth and subtle though it still retains a good bit of briney flavor which lends to the lovely smokey aftertaste. I really wish I had chosen Glenlivet to pop my cherry with rather than The Macallan but hey what the hell I circled round and I'm damn glad I did. Well worth the investment and a totally solid scotch in anyone's book. Check it out, you'll be glad you did.

Cost: $$$

No comments: