Thursday, June 5, 2008

I think I'm in love


After listening to everyone prattle on about how a newb should stick with Glenlivet or Macallan for a 1st dip in the scotch pool I decided to dive in head first with Laphroaig 10 year. The same prattlers who praised the aforementioned scotches also stated that Laphroaig wouldn't appeal to a beginners palate because it was far to smoky, peaty and harsh for a delicate scotch virgin to understand. Well this is my big up yours to those people. Laphroaig is a wonderful drink...it is smoky as hell and peaty and dank but that's exactly what I like about it. I like to think I'm sipping on a campfire while enjoying a glassful with a small splash of water. I opened this bottle a week ago and I've thoroughly enjoyed a glass every night since then, it almost makes me sad to think that my bottle is almost empty. This is not your momma's scotch and probably should not be considered by anyone who wears panties but it is delightful and my favorite scotch so far. It is fairly expensive at $40 a bottle but worth every last penny if you ask this newb.

Cost $$$$

No comments: