Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy 13th honey

My wife and I celebrated our 13th anniversary by going out to eat (a rare kid free treat) at Perry's Steakhouse and Grill and I must say it was divine. Service was impeccable and the food was terrific and the bill was...well wallet crushing but it was worth it. The walls are literally lined with hundreds of bottles of wine, not my bag but damn impressive none the less! The waiter stated they had upwards of 2500 bottles in stock worth in excess of a million bucks, can you imagine liking wine that much? A million on scotch, no problema. Speaking of scotch I had the opportunity to sample Lagavulin 16 year while we were dining and I liked it. I liken it to Laphroaig's little, weaker cousin. It had the same smokey, briney flavor it just didn't overpower me like Laphroaig did. It was solidly drinkable but for a 1/3 less dollars a bottle I'm chosing Laphroaig 9 times out of 10.

No comments: